Quirky and colorful. Whimsical and wonderful. If you’ve never seen a Parade of Playhouses, well, now’s your chance. The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City is unveiling 13 children’s playhouses up for auction this weekend at Nebraska Furniture Mart’s outdoor pavilion. All proceeds from the event will benefit Veterans Community Project.
Sponsored by Bickimer Homes, the Parade of Playhouses was originally scheduled during the Greater Kansas City Home & Lifestyle Show in March at Bartle Hall. But now, the inspired playhouses are out in full display for guests to admire. Themes include the Kansas City Chiefs, Whataburger, Dr. Seuss, a castle and more!
Playhouses were designed and created by:
- Gardner-Edgerton School District, sponsored by Grata Development
- Engle & Volkers KC realtor group
- Ernst Brothers Home Construction, sponsored by Stewart Title
- Excelsior Springs School District, sponsored by Syler Construction
- Grant’s Custom Homes
- Habitat for Humanity, sponsored by Bickimer Homes
- Hunt Midwest
- KCHBA Young Professionals
- Northland Career Center
- Olathe Advance Tech Center, sponsored by Ashlar Homes
- Winnetonka NKC School District, sponsored by David Elliott of Construction Planning and Services
Even the squad at Veterans Community Project got in on the action—turning one of their tiny homes into a playhouse, which will also be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Click here to view each of the playhouses. Bidding closes on July 19 at 5:00 p.m.