Now that the Chiefs have snagged a spot in the playoffs, it’s time to make sure our game day recipes are at their finest. After all, stressful games with big stakes need to be accompanied by the tastiest food.
Todd Johns, owner and pitmaster at Plowboy’s Barbeque, has a game-day recipe so good it might just soothe game-day nerves.
Plowboy’s Famous BBQ Nachos
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, hand-grated*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of your favorite wafer-thin corn tortilla chips
- 6 ounces leftover Plowboys pulled pork or brisket
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Plowboy’s En Fuego BBQ Sauce, for garnish (and whatever else you put sauce on!)**
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Pickled jalapeños, for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and gradually whisk in flour. Add milk, cheese, and salt. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Spread chips out across a half-sheet pan and spoon cheese over the chips. Add leftover meat. Drizzle with desired amount of barbeque sauce and sour cream. Garnish with jalapeños.
- Enjoy while watching the Chiefs win the playoffs.
*Plowboy’s pitmaster/owner Todd Johns suggests grating your own cheese for best results. Pre-grated cheese often has a flour coating and lacks an even melt.
**Buy En Fuego and other Plowboy’s sauces and rubs at any of the two Plowboy’s locations, Westlake Ace Hardware stores, or online at All Things Barbecue.