From skating the ice terrace at Crown Center to driving through Christmas in the Park to enjoy dazzling light displays, Kansas Citians will soon be enjoying their favorite holiday traditions.
As you plan your holiday calendar and edit that end-of-the-year to-do list, don’t forget to make plans for this Kansas City tradition: The 12th Annual Holiday Boutique.
Not only will this holiday tradition offer plenty of family fun and cheer, but you’ll be able to find something for everyone—and just about everything—on your holiday shopping list with over 340 vendors at the Overland Park Convention Center from November 17-20.
Your Holiday Shopping Destination
The perfect place for the busy holiday shopper, Holiday Boutique features the highest quality vendors with thousands of exceptional gifts, apparel, home décor, treats, and services, from local and national artisans. Plus, many vendors are planning special deals and promotions only available at Holiday Boutique.
While browsing the merchandise, keep your eyes peeled for floor deals highlighting unique gifts you won’t find anywhere else.
Need some finishing touches for your holiday party menu? Head to booth 1315 to find Bijoux Crème’s flavored, organic, European-style butters. Check out booth 214 for over 20 flavors of handmade gourmet dip mixes from Glassy Girls Kansas. And at booth 714, you’ll find Cedar Street Toffee’s candies, which are handmade in Prairie Village.
Looking for a unique gift or two? Stop by booth 4506 for everyday items, such as totes and shoes that double as a coloring book from Coloring Your Own. At booth 139, you’ll find locally handmade goat-milk soaps and candles from Positively Soap & Candle Co. Booth 1230 features locally made, themed acrylic earrings and engraved hat patches from The Swanky Stone Shop. And booth 219 carries luxury, designer leather handbags from Sapahn.
Does your home need some last-minute holiday decor? Find paintings of Old St. Nick from Sunrise Santa at booth 29. Purchase creative wreaths and arrangements made from wooden flowers at Wonder Wooden Floral Designs at booth 609. Or head to Olathe-based The Fabulous Fern at booth 525 for a wide selection of trendy home décor.
Tips for Making a Game Plan
With so much to discover, make a game plan for the weekend to maximize your fun and shopping experience.
Best Shopping Times: Each day, the Holiday Boutique opens early on the lower level at 9 a.m.—shop these vendors first to get a jump on the day. Thursday, November 17, is your best bet to beat the crowds, plus you can ensure you get the items you want before they sell out. If you can’t come Thursday, try Saturday evening after 5 p.m.—when box office tickets will be $5 OFF!
Planning Resources: All the information you need to make your plan for the weekend is available on kcholidayboutique.com. Get information on the dates and hours, admission pricing, parking, and shuttles here. Parking fills up quickly near the convention center, but you can catch a shuttle from the Black & Veatch lot or Marriot Overland Park. To make a list of your must-see vendors, view all participating vendors here, and for FAQs go here.
Know About the Show Features: This year’s holiday boutique is bringing back favorite show features and adding new fun to the mix. Here’s what to expect:
- Girls Night Out, Friday, November 18, 5-9 p.m.: Celebrate the season with your gal pals and enjoy music, drinks, fantastic door prizes, and late-night, exclusive access to some of the chicest boutiques in the area.
- Saturday Christmas Sweater Party, November 19, 5-8 p.m.: Mix 93.3, KC 102.1, 94.1 KFKF, and Q104 are taking over Holiday Boutique for a Christmas Sweater Party. Attendees in a Christmas sweater will get a chance to win prizes throughout the night.
- Festival of Trees: Entering the show, guests will see dazzling holiday trees, wreaths, and centerpieces donated by individuals, companies, and civic groups. Each item is available for sale via a silent auction throughout the weekend, and proceeds go directly to Johnson County Christmas Bureau (JCCB), which has provided holiday assistance to low-income children and families in Johnson County for over 55 years.
- Holiday Entertainment Stage: Enjoy festive performances from local talent from 9 a.m. to noon daily. Get the stage schedule here.
- Boutique Bucks: Enter to win an opportunity to shop the show for free, brought to you by Thermal King Windows. There will be hourly drawings for $50 in Boutique Bucks to use with any vendor and a grand prize drawing once a day for $250 in Boutique Bucks.
- Giveaways: This year’s giveaways include a sweepstakes for a ten-day trip to Hawaii to help Habitat for Humanity build a home on Hawaii’s big island and giveaways from vendors such as Aestheticare.
Tickets for Holiday Boutique are $15 at the door or $13 online. Get $3 off your online ticket price by using the code INKC at https://kcholidayboutique.mpetickets.com/?disc=INKC