Take a stroll around Leawood’s Park Place during the holidays, and if you listen closely you might just hear skates swishing across the ice terrace, a jolly chuckle from Santa, and your favorite holiday tune drifting in the wind from a nearby group of carolers.
At Park Place, the holiday season officially begins on November 19, during the Holiday Season Premiere. In-between holiday shopping at Park Place Village’s many retail shops, and dining at some of your favorite restaurants, enjoy special outdoor events throughout the day:
- 1 p.m. | Santa’s Arrival with The Grinch (at the ice rink)
- 1-4 p.m. | Photos with Santa
- 1-3 p.m. | Skate with The Grinch
- 2-4 p.m. | Strolling Dickens Carolers
- 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. | Skating at The Ice at Park Place
This season, the Leawood shopping district is promising a holiday season even more magical than in previous years. At The Ice at Park Place, the old rink was retired so ice skaters will be able to glide across a brand-new rink.
Santa’s renovated home at Park Place is the perfect background for that annual photo with Santa that you’ll post on your fridge or in your photo album for years to come—think reindeer, Santa’s mailbox, and a magical forest feel. Starting November 19 and continuing every Saturday through December 24, shoppers will have the opportunity to visit Santa and take in the magical sights and sounds of the Dickens Carolers around Park Place.
With the holidays off to an enchanting start, it’s time to make a game plan for holiday shopping—make it really easy and find something for every person on your gift list during the Shop Small Saturday & Holiday Market on November 26.
While you can shop locally year-round at Park Place—many Park Place businesses are locally owned—making this the ultimate “shop small” experience. Shop the one-day-only sales at Park Place retail shops and eateries, then enjoy even more local offerings with specialty food and product pop-up vendors lining the block from 3-6 p.m. on 116th Place.
Your Home for the Holidays—and Beyond
There’s always something new to explore at Park Place. While you’re visiting for holiday shopping, ice skating with the family, or grabbing a bite to eat, don’t forget to explore.
Whether you need to grab some last-minute holiday decorations for your home or you’re looking for the perfect gift for the homebody on your list, the newly opened Maison de Marnie is a must-visit destination specializing in gifts, accessories, and home decor.
If you’re searching for a surprise for the kiddos—or an outfit for a visit to Santa—don’t forget to stop by Owen & Graham, the children’s boutique that opened in Park Place last year. From boy’s and girl’s clothing, accessories, toys, books, and trinkets, there’s something for every child on your list.
Have any fitness junkies or someone looking for a fitness refresh in the new year on your list? The Overland Park-based Upgrade Group Training just opened a second location at Park Place with a focus on strength and cardio workouts.
The fun of brand-new discoveries continues through the holidays and into 2023 with three new shopping and dining destinations in the works:
- Clair de Lune: After 17 years in business, this Kansas City lingerie and bra boutique closed earlier this year—but not for long! With a wide range of European brands in many different sizes, Clair de Lune plans to open on December 1 with new owners.
- Bruú Café: This bubble tea chain’s second Kansas City location is opening in early 2023! Bruú Café specializes in the cold Taiwanese milk tea-based drink made with boba, plus flavored iced teas and lattes.
- Mission Taco Joint: The Kansas City-based taco joint’s Park Place location will be Mission Taco’s first Kansas restaurant. Enjoy creative tacos, burritos, tiki-themed cocktails, and appetizers when it opens early next year.
To make your plan for holiday shopping and experiences at Park Place, visit https://parkplaceleawood.com/.