Kansas Citians are extra lucky when National Taco Day rolls around. With the Forbes-proclaimed title of the Taco Capital of the U.S right here in Kansas City, Kansas, we have plenty of top-tier taco offerings nearby to celebrate the day.
But is one day enough to celebrate all KCK’s taco scene has to offer? We don’t think so, and neither does the KCK Taco Trail.
Starting on National Taco Day, October 4, and running through the end of the year, KCK Taco Trail is offering taco enthusiasts the chance to win prizes by checking in at KCK’s 50-plus taco joints.
Here’s how it works:
- Download your Taco Trail pass here for free.
- Add three restaurant check-ins to your pass on October 4 for two prize entries or three check-ins during the month of October for one entry to win a taco party for 15 people at the newest Taco Trail location: Palacana
- During the month of October, share your photos along the Taco Trail on social media using the hashtags #KCKTacoTrail and #VisitKansasCityKS for a chance to win a $75 gift certificate to Amigo’s Grill & Cantina.
- Through December 31, 2022, win prizes by checking in at new locations and eating tacos:
- Check into five restaurants to receive a KCK Taco Trail decal
- Check into 15 restaurants to receive a jar of Tradición flavor from Spicin Foods
- Check into 30 restaurants to receive a KCK Taco Trail T-shirt
- Check into 50 restaurants to receive a KCK Taco Trail Championship Flag and to have your name included on the Taco Trail Wall of Fame
Launched in October 2020 to highlight KCK’s robust community of locally owned taquerias, the KCK Taco Trail has resulted in over 20,000 restaurant check-ins and awarded nearly 1,600 total prizes to trail participants.