- This event has passed.
Thai/Lao New Year Celebration at Bamboo Penny’s
April 16 @ 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT
The Thai Community Center of Greater Kansas City is joining Bamboo Penny’s to host a festival in celebration of Thai/Lao New Year, or Songkran, at Barkley Square in Park Place:
- Thai Dancers
- Thai Music
- A Thai/Lao fashion show
- Bamboo Penny’s staff dance performance
- A traditional Water Festival: Guests are invited to pour water on one another as part of a tradition to welcome the New Year
- Thai street food including Thai Spicy Sausage, Papaya Salad, and Sticky Rice, and drink specials like Thai Iced Tea and Thai Coffee will be offered until sold out
Activities and Entertainment Schedule
9:00 – Thai music kickoff
9:15 – Welcome and presentation of Thai/Lao New Year
9:30 – Thai/Lao Fashion Show by the Thai Community Center
9:45 – Traditional music and dance performances
- Music performance by the Thai Community Center
- Songkran dance performance
- Dance performance by Bamboo Penny’s staff
10:15 – Water Festival with water guns*
11:00 – Traditional Thai street food and drinks created by Chef Penny available until sold out.
*Please bring your own filled water gun. No super soakers allowed.
There are no upcoming events at this time.