Given that he’s just settling in as Kansas City’s newest mayor, we thought we’d hit up Quinton Lucas to find out five things you might not know about the metro’s 55th keeper of the city.
A couple of these were semi-common knowledge, but we have to admit, Lucas threw us off with a couple zingers we didn’t see coming. Good job, Mr. Mayor.
5. “I am fascinated by South Africa. I studied abroad in South Africa and lived in Cape Town for several months during college and have followed the news there ever since. The problems they face surrounding race, equality, and the weight of history are strikingly similar to the ones we face here, so it’s a great case study.”
4. “A favorite way to unwind is to go kayaking, though I don’t get enough opportunities to do it!”
3. “I still drive a stick shift; it makes driving much more enjoyable.”
2. “I’ve never been a coffee or tea drinker, but I do wake up before 6 a.m. most days to check emails and workout before the day gets going.”
1. “I’m an unabashed Chiefs fanatic. I’ll be delivering my hot takes every Monday during Chief’s season at 8:20 a.m. on 610 Sports Radio with Bob Fescoe. I’ll also be joining KPRS Hot 103 Jamz on Friday mornings at 6:55 a.m. for ‘Mayor Q’s 2-Minute Drill.’ Tune in!”