June is typically known as the month when the metro’s annual Artisan Home Tour takes place. The tour focuses on custom-crafted new-home construction from some of Kansas City’s best-known builders. This year, due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) has decided that it is in everyone’s best interest to postpone the 2020 Artisan Home Tour until later this summer.
AUGUST DATES – to be announced soon
As the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) continues to do its part to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, it has decided that it is in everyone’s best interests to postpone the 2020 Artisan Home Tour until later this year.
KCHBA wants to ensure that the superior craftsmanship and quality that Kansas Citians have come to expect from the Artisan Home Tour can be enjoyed by all who want to visit homes on the tour, while also being cognizant of the need to keep people healthy and safe. With that in mind, the Artisan Home Tour will not be taking place during its previously scheduled dates of June 5-7, 12-14, and 19-21. Instead, it is being rescheduled for August.
The Artisan Home Tour is a ticketed event benefiting JDRF. The homes will be scattered throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and tickets will be available in April online at www.artisanhometourkc.org. To tour all eight homes, the first ticket costs $25 and each additional ticket costs $15. Or, consumers can tour one home for $10.
Builders participating in the 2020 Artisan Home Tour and the location of their Artisan home are as follows:
- Don Julian, Don Julian Builders, 25260 W. 104th Place, Olathe, KS 66061
- Louie and Kyle Freeman, Freeman Custom Homes, 8609 NE Shoal Creek Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64157
- Jeff Robinson, JS Robinson Fine Homes, 15709 El Monte St., Overland Park, KS 66224
- John Moffitt Jr., Mojo Built, 10238 Lee Blvd., Leawood, KS 66206
- Scott Bamesberger, SAB Construction, 16 Black Hawk Drive, Lake Winnebago, MO 64034
- Gerry Starr, Starr Homes, 10670 W. 192nd Place, Overland Park, KS 66083
- Todd Hill, Todd Hill Homes, 4409 W. 191st St., Stilwell, KS 66085
- Tom French, Tom French Construction, 9334 Juniper Reserve Drive, Prairie Village, KS