Kansas City artists have the power to engage the community in thought and conversation. So, the KC Streetcar Authority is calling on local talent to be the focal point of inspiring conversation about the meaning of Black History Month, Women’s History Month, and Black Women’s History Month in Kansas City.
The Streetcar Authority has asked local artists to create temporary, two-dimensional artwork to be displayed at several streetcar station stops. A handful of local artists will be selected to design artwork for the displays through the following process:
- Applications are due on January 31 by 11:59 p.m. (apply here)
- Artwork will be selected on February 7
- Art files for selected artwork are due by February 18
- Artwork will be installed by February 28 and on display through April 2022
- Artists or students ages 18+ within a 50-mile radius of Kansas City will be considered.
- Selected artists will be paid a stipend of $500
Kansas City artists never disappoint, and we plan to be one of the first in line to see the new display.